Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trebuchet has stopped working
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Trebuchet has stopped working
My AFN for HD+ has been working fine for over 3 weeks.

Yesterday I ran Titanium Backup (I ran this previously with no problems).
It needed Unknown sources checked in the Applications settings (mine is in Security settings) => Titanium finished successfully.
But Wallpaper changed back to the default and not filling the screen.
I selected my wallpaper => still not filling the screen.
Suddenly, screen went black, with message: Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped working.
I can still get to Settings from the Status Bar. I de-selected Unknown sources and cleaned the Trebuchet cache 12.00 Kb).
Power off, and on again => No difference. Several times, no difference. Status bar has icons and is active, but screen is black and the Trebuchet message pops up and pops up again after I close it.

How can I get my launcher back?

This is the Feb 19, 2013 build.

-- Bob Persons
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: Trebuchet has stopped working
Hi Bob,

Try clearing doing a FORCE STOP, then CLEAR DATA on trebuchet. You will lose your desktop app icons, so you will need to drag and drop the icons you want there again. Reboot again after you do that. Let me know if it helps.
04-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Just before I got your email I tried something I found on the web. Settings->Launcher->Homescreen. I increased the number of Home screens from 5 to 7. This did not help. Then I checked Search bar (making it persistent) and Show dock divider. Now the launcher works, and my wallpaper expands to fill the screen.

Interestingly, I set number of Homescreens back to 5 and it still works!

I was dreading the Clear Data solution because of the work to rebuild the desktop. The solution above might be useful for others. I'm guessing, but I see that my Evernote widget got bigger, with a few more buttons. Might that have caused the problem, by "pushing" other icons around to make space?

-- Bob
04-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Re: Trebuchet has stopped working
Honestly, your guess is as good a any. I'm glad you got it to work. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
05-18-2013, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 03:59 AM by RWH.)
Hi. First time post here. Installed AFN-32GB-HD+4.1Hybrid about 3 hours ago.

And it's been 3 hours of sheer unmitigated frustration. Much of which involves Trebuchet.

FWIW the version of Trebuchet that I'm running is 0.2. Is that right?

So, this version of Trebuchet doesn't seem to have a dock. Is that also right?

I installed Nova and that has improved my outlook on life dramatically. I very much doubt that the package is supposed to include a 0.2 version of a launcher with no dock. So, I'm just wondering if something is wrong.
05-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, that is the correct version. There is no dock with this configuration. It is running with a tablet UI. There is another UI that other devices sometimes have (phones, smaller tabets) that will put the battery/time at the top of the screen and also include a dock bar at the bottom. The Nook Color and Nook Tablet JB cards have this version.

Trebuchet is the stock launcher and for better or for worse, that is what you get. Some people don't like it and occasionally I hear about issues with it, but not like you appear to be having. There are several launchers out there that you can experiment with. You can also disable Trebuchet completey by renaming or deleting the app in the /system/apps folder but do not do this unless you have one or two other launcher apps installed.
08-01-2013, 11:13 AM
(04-20-2013 06:12 PM)ElCoyoteSurvives Wrote:  Thanks for the quick reply. Just before I got your email I tried something I found on the web. Settings->Launcher->Homescreen. I increased the number of Home screens from 5 to 7. This did not help. Then I checked Search bar (making it persistent) and Show dock divider. Now the launcher works, and my wallpaper expands to fill the screen.

Interestingly, I set number of Homescreens back to 5 and it still works!

-- Bob

I had the same error "Unfortunately, Trebuchet is not working", cleared the cache, forced stop nothing, but your solution actually worked.

thanks.

PS I'm using a HP Touchpad.
08-01-2013, 02:18 PM
(05-18-2013 03:59 AM)RWH Wrote:  Hi. First time post here. Installed AFN-32GB-HD+4.1Hybrid about 3 hours ago.

And it's been 3 hours of sheer unmitigated frustration. Much of which involves Trebuchet.

FWIW the version of Trebuchet that I'm running is 0.2. Is that right?

So, this version of Trebuchet doesn't seem to have a dock. Is that also right?

I installed Nova and that has improved my outlook on life dramatically. I very much doubt that the package is supposed to include a 0.2 version of a launcher with no dock. So, I'm just wondering if something is wrong.
You might give GoLauncher a try. I never crashed, is can be customized fully, and is free.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  trebuchet error imadude1134 3 1,798 04-04-2013 08:24 AM
Last Post: Stranded87

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication