Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
when i turn it on it loads nook to 99% then stops
02-14-2013, 06:22 PM
when i turn it on it loads nook to 99% then stops
I just got the card today followed instructions. worked fine I downloaded a few games . turned it off when I turned it on it loads nook to 99% then stops I waited over 7 minutes and it never changed. i turned it off retried 3 times same thing. I pulled the card out and restarted it went stright to nook no problem . I put the card back in and it will not load android goes to nook 99% then stops. I have tried several times. I dont understand it was working fine the first time I put it in.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: when i turn it on it loads nook to 99% then stops
(02-14-2013 06:22 PM)autumnleaf29 Wrote:  I just got the card today followed instructions. worked fine I downloaded a few games . turned it off when I turned it on it loads nook to 99% then stops I waited over 7 minutes and it never changed. i turned it off retried 3 times same thing. I pulled the card out and restarted it went stright to nook no problem . I put the card back in and it will not load android goes to nook 99% then stops. I have tried several times. I dont understand it was working fine the first time I put it in.

Your Nook is skipping the card for some reason and trying to boot into Nook mode. It will always get stuck at 99% because it will not boot to Nook mode with the card inserted. What is the battery level of your Nook? I had one customer report it wouldn't boot into Android mode if the battery was low. Try charging it full then turn it on. If it boots into Android, then you will have to experiment and see at what level it stops booting to Android.
02-19-2013, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 08:21 PM by autumnleaf29.)
i have had it fully charged and it will do the same thing but sometimes i can take the card out and keep turning it on and off and magicaly the android will appear but Im not doing anything different. so I dont know what causes it to switch over. right now im at 96% and it will not load. we'll i have been fighting with it for over 10minutes i finally pushed it out and when i pushed it back in i held it in as far as it would go and wala it came up.

fyi i got my mom a card showed her how to use it and so far no problems
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Your card reader might be defective. If you always have to push the card in all the way for it to boot to Android, I would consider getting the Nook replaced. The only problem will be telling B&N why you want it replaced. They probably will tell you it is not a defect if you tell them it won't boot to your Android card.
03-10-2013, 01:52 PM
My tablet boots into nook mode at 99% if I boot with the power cord attached to it so try booting up without the cord. Some people need to boot with cord to get android so try both ways
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you for the tip!
08-18-2013, 07:58 PM
When I loaded the card, it would freeze at the 99% mark. I tried charging it fully, taking the card in and out, trying it when it was plugged it and no change. I left it alone over night and now it just goes automatically to nook. It doesn't even do the 99% thing anymore despite the presence of the card. Any help would be appreciated.
08-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Do you buy the card or download from AFN? When? Very early on, the HD+ card was not dual boot and it would have gotten stuck at 99% if it tried to boot to Nook mode. Since February I think it has been dual boot and would not get stuck at 99%. That is why I am asking if it is an AFN card.

I can't tell who you are or verify your order so I don't know what you have.
08-19-2013, 09:15 PM
(08-18-2013 09:13 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  Do you buy the card or download from AFN? When? Very early on, the HD+ card was not dual boot and it would have gotten stuck at 99% if it tried to boot to Nook mode. Since February I think it has been dual boot and would not get stuck at 99%. That is why I am asking if it is an AFN card.

I can't tell who you are or verify your order so I don't know what you have.

I bought the chip through amazon last week for my nook tablet. It is an AFN chip.
08-20-2013, 10:56 AM
(08-19-2013 09:15 PM)cvincentw Wrote:  I bought the chip through amazon last week for my nook tablet. It is an AFN chip.

I can either mail you a new card to exchange for that one or you can reload the card with the software. I will give you the download link. Please send me an email directly to dean@androidfornook.com so I can verify your order and get this sorted out. Thank you for your patience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile (Fix) When your Nook HD Plus will not turn on!! gate1975mlm 4 6,722 04-14-2014 09:50 AM
Last Post: androidfornook
  Wifi stops working and only a reboot restores it. PrancerNJ 4 457 12-29-2013 03:00 PM
Last Post: musicvid

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication