Announcements
  • 11/30/14 10% Sale Pricing! As a thank-you to our customers for the great response to our Black Friday sale we have discounted software downloads and preloaded cards through the holiday season!
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transferring to a new Nook Tablet...
10-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Transferring to a new Nook Tablet...
I am hesitant to post this question on the official Barnes and Noble Nook boards, for obvious reasons. My question does not actually involve the Android for Nook card (which I will be moving to the new tablet), rather some functions on the Nook side itself; but I figure you folks probably know everything anyway, so I'll ask my question here.

Oh, and when I move the card to the new Nook, my Android side should be back up and running seamlessly... right?

A couple of weeks ago my next door neighbor managed to knock down my Nook Tablet (16g if it matters) while it was plugged in, and it tweaked the cord. The Nook will still charge, and on the Nook side it will still talk to the computer... but it now will NOT talk to the computer on the Android side. Computer doesn't recognize that the tablet is even there.

So he actually bought me a new identical tablet, with the stipulation that he gets the old one.

There are a few books that he's going to want to use, one of which he actually bought, but he bought it on my BN account, and uses it on his computer with Nook for PC. The vast majority of my library (and there are hundreds of books in it) he will (a) not care about and (b) not want to have cluttering his new/old Nook. He will also not likely be buying very many books, if any; he'll just have a couple of versions of the Bible, and the Matthew Henry complete commentary (a book he already bought using my BN account) and maybe a few other things, sideloaded audio files among them. And I know for sure he's not going to want to be bothered with any of my new book purchases suddenly appearing on his Nook.

So let me see if I have this straight.

1) If I deregister the old Nook and put it back to factory condition, my library and apps and everything will be erased and gone... right?

2) After that, I could use Nook for PC to download JUST the books he wants, and then sideload them to the deregistered Nook, and punch in my name and credit card number to unlock them... right?

3) Those same books will still be available to me on my new Nook... right?

4) If he later decides he wants to register that Nook with his own account, the books we put on there with my CC number will still be there and functional... right? Or could still be re-sideloaded the same way... right?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I would be most grateful. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Transferring to a new Nook Tablet...
(10-23-2012 03:07 PM)CrankyBeach Wrote:  ...
1) If I deregister the old Nook and put it back to factory condition, my library and apps and everything will be erased and gone... right?
ANSWER: yes

2) After that, I could use Nook for PC to download JUST the books he wants, and then sideload them to the deregistered Nook, and punch in my name and credit card number to unlock them... right?
ANSWER: yes

3) Those same books will still be available to me on my new Nook... right?
ANSWER: assuming you register it to your account, yes.

4) If he later decides he wants to register that Nook with his own account, the books we put on there with my CC number will still be there and functional... right? Or could still be re-sideloaded the same way... right?
ANSWER: They should still be there. He will have to re-register to some account or the Nook side won't work. A Nook as to be registerd to boot into Nook fully.

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I would be most grateful. Thanks!
Please see answers above.
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
(10-23-2012 03:16 PM)PJL Wrote:  Please see answers above.
Short and sweet. Thanks much! Exactly what I needed to know. Have a wonderful day! Cool
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
(10-23-2012 03:19 PM)CrankyBeach Wrote:  Short and sweet. Thanks much! Exactly what I needed to know. Have a wonderful day! Cool

I think you already kind of knew the answers. Happy to confirm.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication