Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hbo go not working on nook tablet
07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
hbo go not working on nook tablet
i got my cm7 card from you a few days ago. love it.. but i'm having an odd problem with hbo go. i downloaded the app from the google play store. it loaded fine and the site comes up showing all of the programs, etc. when i click to see a 'preview'.. the preview plays fine. but when i click to see the actual movie.. it shuts down with the message "the application HBO GO (process com.hbo) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. it then gives me two boxes to click on; "force close" and "report".
interestingly.. i loaded the same app on my iphone and on my laptop - with the same username/password information for Time Warner Cable.. and they play the movies fine. so it doesnt appear to be an issue with the credentials for TW Cable. is there any other software i'd need to have to run HBO GO? (i also have 'WATCH ESPN' on the nook tablet and it runs just fine - as does NETFLIX)
Thanks for any feedback.
anybody else have a problem with this.. or thoughts for a solution?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: hbo go not working on nook tablet
(07-04-2012 12:51 PM)newsjb Wrote:  i got my cm7 card from you a few days ago. love it.. but i'm having an odd problem with hbo go. i downloaded the app from the google play store. it loaded fine and the site comes up showing all of the programs, etc. when i click to see a 'preview'.. the preview plays fine. but when i click to see the actual movie.. it shuts down with the message "the application HBO GO (process com.hbo) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. it then gives me two boxes to click on; "force close" and "report".
interestingly.. i loaded the same app on my iphone and on my laptop - with the same username/password information for Time Warner Cable.. and they play the movies fine. so it doesnt appear to be an issue with the credentials for TW Cable. is there any other software i'd need to have to run HBO GO? (i also have 'WATCH ESPN' on the nook tablet and it runs just fine - as does NETFLIX)
Thanks for any feedback.
anybody else have a problem with this.. or thoughts for a solution?

I did a search for this problem and it is a very common problem, and it appears that the app does not work on CM7 - at least the few forums I checked did not have a solution. If I come across a fix for the app I will post it.

You should be able to get it to work in your browser though. Use the Dolphin HD browser and go into settings and change the user agent settings to "desktop" mode. HBO Go should work.
07-04-2012, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 03:21 PM by PJL.)
The newest version on the Play Store works now, although the graphics on the menu pages is sometimes distorted. But the video playback works just fine and looks good. Cinemax Go is also fixed.
07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
(07-04-2012 03:20 PM)PJL Wrote:  play
The newest version on the Play Store works now, although the graphics on the menu pages is sometimes distorted. But the video playback works just fine and looks good. Cinemax Go is also fixed.

I downloaded the latest version of hbo go from playstore and it does load .
Ive even been able to get a few series episodes to play fine . But anytime i try to play a movie it locks up and forces close. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Btw i also tried installing dolphin hd. It indicated i needed flashplayer 10.1. So i went to play store and installed even newer version. Hbo go was even worse. It wouldnt let me sign in. The sign in box would just flash on the screen and disappear immediately.
Is this somehow operator error on my part somehow? Just seems odd that i can get some things to play but not movies . Any help is appreciated. This seems over my head.
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
(07-05-2012 11:51 AM)newsjb Wrote:  I downloaded the latest version of hbo go from playstore and it does load .
Ive even been able to get a few series episodes to play fine . But anytime i try to play a movie it locks up and forces close. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Btw i also tried installing dolphin hd. It indicated i needed flashplayer 10.1. So i went to play store and installed even newer version. Hbo go was even worse. It wouldnt let me sign in. The sign in box would just flash on the screen and disappear immediately.
Is this somehow operator error on my part somehow? Just seems odd that i can get some things to play but not movies . Any help is appreciated. This seems over my head.
I'm not having any problems with the HBOGo app playing videos. You might want to uninstall it then reinstall. I've been able to use web site using Dolphin HD, but it takes alot of practice to actually get the logon screen to appear. As you say, it flashed quickly. If you tap it when it appears briefly you tend to get it to stay there.
08-03-2012, 01:10 AM
I recently downloaded the hbo go app. It works fine for movies and series etc. The only issue I seem to have is that auto rotate won't work and so I am watching the small video window in Portrait mode. Is this a CM 7 issue also. I have tried various settings but to no avail.
08-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Re: hbo go not working on nook tablet
I haven't tried that app but I have had that problem with another. Have you tried holding the Nook in landscape mode when starting the HBO app?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mind Like A Steel Trap - Rusty And Illegal In 37 States

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication