Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nook 1.4.3 update
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Nook 1.4.3 update
Apparently AFN installs Clockworkd mod to the emmc of the NC. Is there anyway to remove it. I've tried to install the new software from BN, but the install keeps getting interrupted when it tries to reboot.
The problem is Clockworkmod which does not recognize permissions apparently.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Nook 1.4.3 update
(06-27-2012 08:01 PM)donn240 Wrote:  Apparently AFN installs Clockworkd mod to the emmc of the NC. Is there anyway to remove it. I've tried to install the new software from BN, but the install keeps getting interrupted when it tries to reboot.
The problem is Clockworkmod which does not recognize permissions apparently.

The AFN cards do not install CWM to the Nook Internal memory (emmc) or make any other changes to your Nook. If you are trying to update your Nook O/S, remove your AFN card. If it is not updating, you might have corrupted system files, but that would not be from the AFN card, because it operates soley on the card. You might need to do a factory reset on your Nook before it will accept an update.
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd done the things you suggested before posting. When the install starts it begins and then stops. When I press the on/off switch a message screen from Clockwork comes up. If it is not in emmc then I don't know where it could be coming from, the SD card is removed.

(06-27-2012 08:52 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  The AFN cards do not install CWM to the Nook Internal memory (emmc) or make any other changes to your Nook. If you are trying to update your Nook O/S, remove your AFN card. If it is not updating, you might have corrupted system files, but that would not be from the AFN card, because it operates soley on the card. You might need to do a factory reset on your Nook before it will accept an update.
06-27-2012, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 10:54 PM by androidfornook.)
(06-27-2012 09:11 PM)donn240 Wrote:  I'd done the things you suggested before posting. When the install starts it begins and then stops. When I press the on/off switch a message screen from Clockwork comes up. If it is not in emmc then I don't know where it could be coming from, the SD card is removed.

Simply using the AFN card and booting up, switching modes between Nook and Android, will have no affect on your Nook. AFN does not install clockwork mod onto your Nook. With that said, I have no control over how the card is used or what apps are installed. It is "possible" although not likely that another app you downloaded installed CWM, but I think you would know ahead of time if that were the case. Just a couple questions:

1. Did you try to root your Nook unsuccesfully before you bought an AFN card?
2. Did you buy a refurbished Nook?
3. Did you get it from someone else?

Yes to any of those questions, might explain why you have CWM. The native Nook does run on a version of Android and does have a recovery utility built-in, but I am not sure if it is ClockworkMod or a dumbed down version. B&N uses the recovery menu to do updates just like we use CWM. Does it come up with the the ROM Manager hat like ClockworkMod? If not, it is probably the native Nook recovery menu.

Did you try to do a factory reset in the settings menu? Your post wasn't clear in what steps you actually took.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication