Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Switching Modes Between Nook and Android
12-31-2011, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:09 AM by androidfornook.)
Switching Modes Between Nook and Android
After you have installed and setup your AndroidForNook card, there really is no reason to remove the card. You can easily boot into your Nook Color or Nook Tablet or the Android operating system using the dual-boot menu at startup:

NOOK COLOR OWNERS:

1. For Android mode, simply turn on the power and it will boot into Android.

2. For B&N Nook mode, hold down the "n" key when you turn on the power, and a boot menu will appear. Select "Internal eMMC Normal"
********************************************************************************​********************************************

NOOK TABLET USERS

1. For Android mode, simply turn on the power and it will boot into Android.

2. For B&N Nook mode, hold down the "n" key when you turn on the power, and a boot menu will appear. Select "Internal Nook Boot"

NOOK HD & HD+ USERS

1. To boot into Android (Jelly Bean), simply insert the card and turn it on and it will boot into Android.

2. There is no boot menu for the Nook HD and HD+ at this time. To boot into B&N Nook mode, you must turn off the Nook and remove your card and then turn it back on. Put your card in a safe place! A friend of mine lost theirs to the cat (yummy).
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 05:27 PM
RE: Switching Modes Between Nook and Android
okay, but how do I switch back?
I boot to android but after making a change on the device settings page I can't figure out how to get back to android. any button or icon I select takes me to Nook.
Can I switch back and forth without having to reboot?
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
(07-14-2012 05:27 PM)zarow Wrote:  okay, but how do I switch back?
I boot to android but after making a change on the device settings page I can't figure out how to get back to android. any button or icon I select takes me to Nook.
Can I switch back and forth without having to reboot?
On the NT, the initial boot is to Android, and a restart takes you to Nook. A Nook shutdown then allows you to do a normal power on, which will put you into Android. If you are in Android and power down (instead of restarting) you will then boot up the next time you do a normal power on into Android.
So no, you can switch to Nook from Android with a restart, but to get back to Android you need to do a Nook power down and then power up.
01-12-2013, 05:16 AM
hi. i like it thanks for sharing this site.this is very informative post .

anna
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
(01-12-2013 05:16 AM)annajodi Wrote:  hi. i like it thanks for sharing this site.this is very informative post .

Hi Anna,

Actually it was an outdated post. Both the Nook Color and Nook Tablet have dual-boot menus now. Please read the original updated post again to see the correct instructions.
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Have Nook Tablet - rooted, installed ClockworkMod, use ADW launcher.

Problem: boots into Nook 1.4.3. Will not boot from external SD card. Tried power cable trick - did not work.
Any suggestions?
05-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Re: Switching Modes Between Nook and Android
I am away from the office so I can't see your order, but I ask you to check the following:

1. Make sure you are using a SanDisk class 4 card. Other brands and classes don't work well and are not supported.
2. Check your order and verify that it is for the Nook Tablet (BNTV250 or 250A).
3. Make sure your download size matches your card size (ie, 8gb download for 8gb card).

Let me know if this helps.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 05:19 PM by dboyd.)
1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - will have to check but I think yes

Dumb Question of the Day

I downloaded the 16GB file because I have a 16 GB Nook Tablet - I guess from your question, that I should have loaded the 8GB version because I have an 8GB SD card? If so how do I get the 8GB version without having to pay again?
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
(05-08-2013 05:11 PM)dboyd Wrote:  1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - will have to check but I think yes

Dumb Question of the Day

I downloaded the 16GB file because I have a 16 GB Nook Tablet - I guess from your question, that I should have loaded the 8GB version because I have an 8GB SD card? If so how do I get the 8GB version without having to pay again?

In the product description I include instructions to make sure the download size you order matches the card size. Occasionally people order the wrong one, so either some are not reading the product description or I need to make it more evident. Trumpets blaring and blinky lights maybe? I will email you the 8gb download link Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication