Announcements
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Fix) When your Nook HD Plus will not turn on!!
10-12-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 10:53 AM by gate1975mlm.)
Smile (Fix) When your Nook HD Plus will not turn on!!
I just had a frighting moment with my Nook HD Plus!

I have owned my Nook HD Plus for over 3 Months now without any real issues. Anyway like I always do I plugged in the Nook last night to charge over night. So then this morning I unplug the nook and open the case and I all see is a black screen. I hit and also hold the power button for 30 seconds and still just a black screen. I also hit the home button and still just a black screen. So then I plugged the Nook back in and I see a green power light but not the usual amber charging light. So at this point I am really starting to freak out thinking my 3 month old Nook HD Plus with AFN HD+ Recovery Plus Jelly Bean 4.2.2 installed is bricked! But then I did a google search and found the following link http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/N...-p/1459275

And one of the reply's said to Press and hold power button and 'n' button for 30 seconds. And wouldn't you know it this worked Smile. When pressing and holding both power button and 'n' button the black screen went away and a message came on asking if I want to restore the Nook OS to default. I did not want to restore the Nook OS so I just exit out of that and luckily AFN HD+ Recovery Plus Jelly Bean 4.2.2 started loading right up and all is fine again Smile

So I have no idea what caused this to happen in the first place but I just wanted to let you all know just in case anyone here runs into the same problem. And all you need to do is press and hold power button and 'n' button at the same time and it should fix it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: (Fix) When your Nook HD Plus will not turn on!!
(10-12-2013 10:50 AM)gate1975mlm Wrote:  I just had a frighting moment with my Nook HD Plus!

I have owned my Nook HD Plus for over 3 Months now without any real issues. Anyway like I always do I plugged in the Nook last night to charge over night. So then this morning I unplug the nook and open the case and I all see is a black screen. I hit and also hold the power button for 30 seconds and still just a black screen. I also hit the home button and still just a black screen. So then I plugged the Nook back in and I see a green power light but not the usual amber charging light. So at this point I am really starting to freak out thinking my 3 month old Nook HD Plus with AFN HD+ Recovery Plus Jelly Bean 4.2.2 installed is bricked! But then I did a google search and found the following link http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/N...-p/1459275

And one of the reply's said to Press and hold power button and 'n' button for 30 seconds. And wouldn't you know it this worked Smile. When pressing and holding both power button and 'n' button the black screen went away and a message came on asking if I want to restore the Nook OS to default. I did not want to restore the Nook OS so I just exit out of that and luckily AFN HD+ Recovery Plus Jelly Bean 4.2.2 started loading right up and all is fine again Smile

So I have no idea what caused this to happen in the first place but I just wanted to let you all know just in case anyone here runs into the same problem. And all you need to do is press and hold power button and 'n' button at the same time and it should fix it.

You should not have to press the N button, just the power button.

What sounds like happened is your Nook rebooted several times during charging and attempted to restore to Nook default. Usually it is an app that causes this to happen. I recommend you turn off wifi during sleep. This should reduce or eliminate any random reboots. Go to Settings>Wifi>Menu (three dots in top right corner)>advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy>Set it to turn off during sleep mode.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to androidfornook for this post:
gate1975mlm (10-12-2013)
10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
(10-12-2013 06:18 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  You should not have to press the N button, just the power button.

What sounds like happened is your Nook rebooted several times during charging and attempted to restore to Nook default. Usually it is an app that causes this to happen. I recommend you turn off wifi during sleep. This should reduce or eliminate any random reboots. Go to Settings>Wifi>Menu (three dots in top right corner)>advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy>Set it to turn off during sleep mode.

thanks for the tip I will do that ASAP Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gate1975mlm for this post:
neerajjaina (04-14-2014)
04-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Sad RE: (Fix) When your Nook HD Plus will not turn on!!
Hi there,

I am encountering a similar problem. However, in my case, the display is not coming up, even after pressing the on/off button for 30 secs. After starting, nothing appears on the display, except for a faint glow - which is visible in a dark room.

I know the touchscreen is not fully busted off, because when I touch it at various places, it sounds the welcome message, and also beeps. After some time, it says "Screen off, ringer 100%". Since the display is off, I am unable to make any changes to the settings.

Any ideas how to switch on the screen?

Thanks much,
James
04-14-2014, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 09:50 AM by androidfornook.)
(04-13-2014 10:02 PM)neerajjaina Wrote:  Hi there,

I am encountering a similar problem. However, in my case, the display is not coming up, even after pressing the on/off button for 30 secs. After starting, nothing appears on the display, except for a faint glow - which is visible in a dark room.

I know the touchscreen is not fully busted off, because when I touch it at various places, it sounds the welcome message, and also beeps. After some time, it says "Screen off, ringer 100%". Since the display is off, I am unable to make any changes to the settings.

Any ideas how to switch on the screen?

Thanks much,
James

That is a strange problem. You might have corrupted system files. I recommend you reinstall your Android software.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to androidfornook for this post:
neerajjaina (04-14-2014)
08-05-2014, 12:47 AM
(04-14-2014 09:50 AM)androidfornook Wrote:  That is a strange problem. You might have corrupted system files. I recommend you reinstall your Android software.

Im having the exact same problem 1 month out of warranty. (black dim screen but i can hear the nook making sounds sometimes) Where/How do you reinstall the Android Software for it.
08-05-2014, 07:06 AM
(08-05-2014 12:47 AM)Jack.swindle Wrote:  Im having the exact same problem 1 month out of warranty. (black dim screen but i can hear the nook making sounds sometimes) Where/How do you reinstall the Android Software for it.

Jack, send me your AFN order info to dean@androidfornook.com and I can give you download links for the software to reload your Nook.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  when i turn it on it loads nook to 99% then stops autumnleaf29 10 15,295 08-20-2013 05:53 PM
Last Post: androidfornook

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication