Announcements
  • 11/28/14 Black Friday Special! Use coupon code AFN20 to receive 20% off all orders placed today - no minimum purchase required. Our flat-rate shipping applies (as always) to orders under $19.99. Free domestic shipping for orders $20.00 and over.
  • AFN NEWS  Please check regularly all new announcements at AFN NEWS!
  • FORUM LOGIN Is separate from Androidfornook.com website. You must create a separate forum account.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Accessing Files on Your Nook Internal Memory and Micro SD Card
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 10:10 AM by androidfornook.)
Accessing Files on Your Nook Internal Memory and Micro SD Card
I was asked the question, can you access your SD card storage area when you are in Nook mode? The answer is unfortunately, no. The reason is, in the process of creating the AndroidForNook card, the image burning program creates 4 partitions on the microSD card. The first partition is the boot partition which has the important system files on it. That is the only partition visible when you are in Nook mode and it is only 117MB. In Nook mode, you will see the boot partition (folder) under <My Files><SD Card>. DO NOT delete any of these files since they are required to run Android. It is better to just stay away from that folder altogether. The internal memory on the Nook side is available for you to store files. It is in the folder under <My Stuff><My Nook><My Files>.

For the Nook Color and Nook Tablet: In Android mode, using file manager, you can access your files and sub-folders under the SDCARD folder.

For access to the Nook internal memory (Nook side):

For the Nook Color is is in the EMMC folder.

For the Nook Tablet, the internal memory is in the MNT/MEDIA folder.

So, you can move files back and forth from your Nook and Android side using File Manager or ES File Explorer.

For downloading files from your PC to either the micro SD card or the Nook internal memory, see the thread, "Copying Files (music, videos) to your AndroidForNook Card", also in the Tips and Tricks Category.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Accessing Files on Your Nook Internal Memory and Micro SD Card
I have a 16GB Nook Tablet with a 32GB nook to android SD card. I was trying to access the nook internal memory but I don't see an EMMC folder when in android mode (using Filemanager, or File Expert). Any suggestions?
03-18-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 10:13 AM by androidfornook.)
Nook Color: The Nook internal memory is in the EMMC folder.

Nook Tablet: The Nook Internal memory is under the MNT/MEDIA folder.

Also, if you connect your Tablet to the PC via USB cable and turn USB storage on (swipe the little USB icon at the bottom of your tablet screen and turn on USB storage mode) you will see two hard drives pop up on your PC. One is the Nook storage and one is Android storage. You will be able to transfer files to/from Nook and your PC or to/from Nook and Android or Nook/PC drives this way.
04-22-2012, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2012 04:59 PM by wubians.)
(03-18-2012 04:35 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  ... If you connect your Tablet to the PC via USB cable and turn USB storage on (swipe the little USB icon at the bottom of your tablet screen and turn on USB storage mode) you will see two hard drives pop up on your PC. One is the Nook storage and one is Android storage. You will be able to transfer files to/from Nook and your PC or to/from Nook and Android or Nook/PC drives this way.

hi, i've been looking forever for a way to access the rooted hard thru usb with no luck and i thought i found it here but um the above doesnt work for me... i get no option to turn on storage mode on mt tablet... any advice. Is that a universal option or does that option depends on how(who) the tablet was rooted??? Thanks
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
(04-22-2012 04:58 PM)wubians Wrote:  hi, i've been looking forever for a way to access the rooted hard thru usb with no luck and i thought i found it here but um the above doesnt work for me... i get no option to turn on storage mode on mt tablet... any advice. Is that a universal option or does that option depends on how(who) the tablet was rooted??? Thanks

Are you using CM7 from AFN? Or just a rooted NT?
04-22-2012, 07:31 PM
(04-22-2012 07:11 PM)PJL Wrote:  Are you using CM7 from AFN? Or just a rooted NT?

um just a rooted NT...??? the 'sd card root'

If i cant get access thru the usb is there any other way to move files from a sd card onto the hidden NT hard drive using a file manager thingy? thanks
04-22-2012, 09:06 PM
(04-22-2012 07:31 PM)wubians Wrote:  um just a rooted NT...??? the 'sd card root'

If i cant get access thru the usb is there any other way to move files from a sd card onto the hidden NT hard drive using a file manager thingy? thanks

Someone here may know the answer, but that is really beyond the scope of this forum, which is to support AFN card users. I don't know how to access the internal hidden memory that B&N uses for B&N purchases content.
04-22-2012, 09:26 PM
(04-22-2012 09:06 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  Someone here may know the answer, but that is really beyond the scope of this forum, which is to support AFN card users. I don't know how to access the internal hidden memory that B&N uses for B&N purchases content.

ok, well how do you turn on the storage mode you mentioned earlier.?

is that mode/option to turn on storage mode only available according to how(different methods) the NT was rooted???
04-23-2012, 05:56 AM
(04-22-2012 09:26 PM)wubians Wrote:  ok, well how do you turn on the storage mode you mentioned earlier.?

is that mode/option to turn on storage mode only available according to how(different methods) the NT was rooted???

You turn on the storage mode when you are using the AFN card. When you are in Android mode and you plug in your USB cable, the USB symbol appears and you swipe on it, then select turn on USB storage mode. If you are using only a rooted NT and do not have android installed you will not have this option, at least not as I have described it.
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
androidfornook Wrote:
... If you connect your Tablet to the PC via USB cable and turn USB storage on (swipe the little USB icon at the bottom of your tablet screen and turn on USB storage mode) you will see two hard drives pop up on your PC. One is the Nook storage and one is Android storage. You will be able to transfer files to/from Nook and your PC or to/from Nook and Android or Nook/PC drives this way.

I get the usb message and turn it on. PC does not see device in android mode but the safely remove icon reports drives f: and e:

16gb card, CM7, Nook 8gm tablet, XP SP2

Suggestions to be able to connect to pc and bring files to nook android card?

Thanks,
Mark

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Copying or Transferring Files (music, videos) to your AndroidForNook Card androidfornook 29 25,866 03-07-2014 11:32 PM
Last Post: 2whluge
  Installing programs on Internal memory jdshd 1 875 09-27-2013 05:18 PM
Last Post: PJL
  other files on SD card problem gofast813 1 1,260 06-14-2013 11:07 AM
Last Post: androidfornook
  Extracting Files To SD Card daniellc 1 2,996 01-01-2013 06:53 PM
Last Post: androidfornook
  Downloading files to SD on Nook Tablet russ.choyce@gmail.com 1 3,774 05-15-2012 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tel864

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Android For Nook | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication