Android For Nook Forums
Help need to change primary google account - Printable Version

+- Android For Nook Forums (http://www.androidfornook.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AndroidForNook Support (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Q&A (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Nook Tablet General Questions (not problems) (/forum-16.html)
+---- Thread: Help need to change primary google account (/thread-1166.html)

Help need to change primary google account - nookinit - 07-07-2013 03:20 PM

Hi, I got my card 16gb Jellybean 4.2.2 for Nook Tablet. I accidentally used the wrong gmail account as my primary account. I want to change the primary account. I know I can do multiple user accts, but that's not a solution. I need the primary acct changed.

How do I do this? I know factory reset, but don't want to screw up the card or lose anything on the AFN card or anything in internal storage.

Thanks

RE: Help need to change primary google account - androidfornook - 07-07-2013 04:02 PM

(07-07-2013 03:20 PM)nookinit Wrote:  Hi, I got my card 16gb Jellybean 4.2.2 for Nook Tablet. I accidentally used the wrong gmail account as my primary account. I want to change the primary account. I know I can do multiple user accts, but that's not a solution. I need the primary acct changed.

How do I do this? I know factory reset, but don't want to screw up the card or lose anything on the AFN card or anything in internal storage.

Thanks

To delete the primary account, go to the settings menu, find Accounts, select “google”, select the account you want to remove, tap the menu icon (three dots in top right corner), then select remove account.

RE: Help need to change primary google account - nookinit - 07-07-2013 08:06 PM

(07-07-2013 04:02 PM)androidfornook Wrote:  To delete the primary account, go to the settings menu, find Accounts, select “google”, select the account you want to remove, tap the menu icon (three dots in top right corner), then select remove account.

Oh that's easy, they must have changed it. Used to be you had to factory reset to change your primary google account.

RE: Help need to change primary google account - androidfornook - 07-07-2013 09:58 PM

(07-07-2013 08:06 PM)nookinit Wrote:  Oh that's easy, they must have changed it. Used to be you had to factory reset to change your primary google account.

Yes, with Jelly Bean it is easy. Gingerbread - not so much